Friday, May 21, 2010

"Teacher! This is your . . .*Snip Snip Snip*"



While walking around downtown we found a lady selling something weird. It was in the shape of a star, with the texture of hard jelly. She tried to tell us what it was, but we didn't understand. We bought one! (It was only 15 cents). She handed it to me in a baggie with water. When we started to play with it, the lady started talking in Chinese and motioned for us NOT to poke or pinch it, and to keep it submerged in water. Weird. We brought the star home and put it in a jar of water. We are going to Yanti this weekend to visit some church members there. I wonder what we will find when we get back?? The only two guesses we have are: 1- it will absorb the water and expand to a ridiculously huge size; or 2- it is filled with fertilized fish eggs and food, and after a while we'll have a bunch of fish swimming around. Any guesses, looking at the picture?

Funny Story: I was teaching a game at the EDK (kindergarten) yesterday when one of my favorite students, Candice, walked up to me. She showed me a small sticker of a strawberry. I said, "How cute!" and continued my lesson. A few minutes later she stuck something wet on my hand. I looked down and saw the sticker covered in spit stuck to my hand. It was a cute gesture, and little gross, but cute! (The sticker wasn't sticky anymore, so she used her saliva to make it stick again, and then gave it to me as a symbol of her friendship).

No comments:

Post a Comment