Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fu Yuen, I'll have the Gou Rou.



Katie's Experience Eating Dog: I know, I know, I said I would never eat dog. But there it was in front of me, and it smelled really good. So I picked up a rib (yes, a dog rib) and nibbled it. Wow- much better than I had expected! It was kinda stringy and a little fatty but it reminded me of dark meat on a turkey. The hardest part was getting over the fact that every time I remembered I was eating dog I thought of Lucy, Emmie, and Prince Henry. I'm not sure if I would eat it again. Maybe to gross someone out. Lol!


Bruce's Experience Eating Dog: My number-one priority was to make sure we got real dog meat; not sliced beef that they called dog just to be cool. We ordered two dog dishes- spicy dog, and dog ribs. They were both surprisingly delicious. It was weird to see what looked like chicken-sized bones attached to what looked like cow meat... It couldn't have been a midget cow... it was definitely a dog. The meat was a little stringy, and a little fatty, but seasoned to perfection. I watched the Chinese guy cook it in his wok, and flames were shooting three feet up. I took a video of the whole thing, which we'll post on youtube. It was definitely better than scorpion.

No comments:

Post a Comment