Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Are Going to Dance for Us, Yes?

I've been meaning to write every day this week. I think I've officially gotten past the horror stage in culture shock. (Mostly) Our kids were a little rowdy again this week. This week I taught the kids games. Wednesday I did the Cup Game. It's a very popular game from Girls Camp. I showed them the small cup, the tall cup, and the bowl. One of the boys (Cookie- he choose the name himself) thought it would be funny to pretend pee into the bowl. I started laughing because it's so something a Chinese person would do. Then the other boy in the class pulled down his pants and showed us his anatomy . . . Me and the 3 other girls closed our eyes and refused to open them until everything was put away! I won't admit it to the kids but it was kinda funny.

This coming Friday we are leaving on another vacation. We are going Qingdao, very close in our province. It is only a 4-hour bus trip. It is supposed to be really pretty. We are planning on hiking a mountain to see some temples and stuff. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I am excited to see more of China!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. We enjoy the pictures also. What an experience! So scary, fun and educational. We are glad you were able to have this experience.

    ReplyDelete